Complaint Review: Drive Time

• Updated: Tue, October 21, 2008
  • Reported By: SAN ANTONIO Texas
  • Drive Time

San Antonio, Texas

DRIVE TIME AUTO DEALERS FILED A FALSE CREDIT REPORT AND SOLD ME A LEMON San Antonio Texas

I purchased a car and in two days it was already starting to give me problems. It started to overheat and sounded like the power steering was grinding. I took it to the dealer when it blew a hose , this is within the first week. They sent me to the shop on military dr. in san antonio, tx. when the Head Mechanic saw the car he told me this car had never been checked or flushed and it had a severe problem in the front end. It involved changing out the tirod ends and a few other things. The mechanic had to flush in reverse the powersteering box it was full of crud. and then he did the same for the radiator it was full of rust.
This was the begining of my headaches. I went back to the dealer and told them i wanted another vehicle. Too many problems with this one . They said that was out of the question. They promised to fix the problems and work with me. I paid for 2 and a half years and found out that i needed major engine work. The manager said he wanted to refinance my car and fix the engine work that was gonna cost 2 thousand or more.

The finance dept attempted to complete the paperwork about 4 times and then told me not to make a payment for two months so the refiance could go through. Then they called me and informed me that my car was gonna be repossesed. Iwas moving and was out of town for three days and when i returned my car was gone. I called Drive time and they said that the car was repossed then stated it was not.

i waited for 1 and 1/2 months trying to find out the truth and decided to make a police report if they had not repossesed my car. Do you believe that during this time my refinance went thru. MY INS. CO. paid what was owed . though they thought. and i still owe 2++ thousand that was refinanced. They reported 2 repossessions on my credit and still havent cleared it up. i have yet to have 1 repo from them. help clear this up..please!!!!!!!!!!

Tammy
SAN ANTONIO, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2008 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/drive-time/san-antonio-texas/drive-time-auto-dealers-filed-a-false-credit-report-and-sold-me-a-lemon-san-antonio-texas-1029762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content