Complaint Review: DriveTime

• Reported By: Rtree — Houston Texas USA
  • DriveTime

Nationwide
    USA

DriveTime Bridgecrest formerly DriveTime Screwing the customer Houston, Texas Nationwide

Where do I start? I purchased a vehicle with DT back in February 2016 while having a job that paid bi weekly. Upon starting my new job in April 2016, I mentioned to a man named Chris and to another man, named Jacob I believe, that my pay period would change. It would be semi monthly. I was told because I was in the DT (now Bridgecrest) leasing program that they were not able to change the pay frequency. From April to, now, June 2016, it was a constant battle and phone hopping parade from reps and managers at Bridgecrest to reps and managers at the DT location I purchased the vehicle from (Gulf Fwy). I even had one manager at Bridgecrest, Cynthia, tell me that other customers in similar situations have made their payments and there's no reason for my account to be so behind. I explained to her everyone's situation is different, so me having my being hit on days I'm not even getting paid?? I'm not sure how that became my fault in one sentence.

So I'm stuck with a balance that is essentially a hole I cannot dig myself out of. Don't even get me started on the crappy jobs the partnering Meineke's did (thanks Avirex). The cars are supposedly already throughly inspected. They're not. Not even 14 days after having the car, I had to take it in and find out there were so many issues under the hood. The kicker is that you, the customer, have to get these issues (that supposedly aren't even suppose to be there) checked out and fixed within 30 days of purchase or your first few thousand miles. So if an ongoing problem finally rears its ugly head after either of those, you're screwed. I had faith in these people. The dealership team was amazing, but I feel as the consumer, I got the short end of the stick and am now having to give the car back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2016 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/drivetime/nationwide/drivetime-bridgecrest-formerly-drivetime-screwing-the-customer-houston-texas-nationwide-1311602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content