Complaint Review: DriveTime

• DriveTime

Nationwide
    USA

DriveTime Used Car Sales Morrow, Georgia Nationwide

On April 20th 2016 I purchased a car from DriveTime.  I immediately noticed that there were mechanical problems with the vehicle and brought it back to the dealership to return the vehicle.  I was coerced into letting them address the issues.  They sent the car to their repair shop.  Initially I was given a wheel alignment and then informed all I needed was "New" rear wheels because the ones I had were bent, leaning inward.  As a woman and a non mechanic I thought oh that sounds simple and yes please give me new wheels!  A few months after purchasing the vehicle I began to have one repair issue after another.  The car was not dependable and I began to question if the car had been inspected at all.  DriveTime says all their vehicles undergo a 21 point inspection  for quality assurance, which as a woman made me very comfortable with the purchase and why I paid THOUSANDS more for the vehicle than suggested because I "thought" I paying for a safe vehicle for myself and child.

I began to call DriveTime and inform them that I know I was sold a car with major mechanical issues and I felt I had been preyed upon as a woman and as a consumer.  Drivetime asked me to take the vehicle to a mechanic of my choice to have it inspected.  I was told that my wheels were tilted in again and found out that my airshock suspension system needed to be replaced.  I told the mechanic that DriveTime/Averex replaced the wheels when I bought it.  He asked what happened to the car and did they fix the issue....  I'm dumbfounded.  What do you mean Mr.  Mechanic?  Well he says the wheels bend for one of two reasons either there is a collision or there is a suspension problem and just putting on new rear wheels wouldn't fix either of those.  So I tell Drivetime and Averex that this was never repaired properly by them when they claimed to have fixed it and that they had me and my 10 yr old driving around for the last 1.5 yrs in an unsafe vehicle.  $4500 repair DENIED! I need a lawyer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2017 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/drivetime/nationwide/drivetime-used-car-sales-morrow-georgia-nationwide-1405436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content