Complaint Review: E470 Express Toll

• E470 Express Toll
    PO Box 5470
    Denver, Colorado
    United States of America

E470 Express Toll Another Victim of Violation Notice/Hearing Officer's Final Order Denver, Colorado

Last week I received a Hearing Officer's Final Order to pay $114.50. I had to call Express Toll to find out when a toll was charged because the notice referenced nothing; and I had paid the only toll bill I ever received (I avoid the toll road), which was last year. I thought they must not have recorded my payment, although my bank certainly did.

I find out the toll was almost 2 1/2 years ago. I am another person who never received either of the two notices they said they sent. Oh, but I sure did received the one about a final order regarding a hearing which I knew nothing about.

How does it happen that two notices cannot find me, but a final order for a toll which went from $4.50 to $114.50 has no problem finding my mailbox?

And, why wouldn't they send a notice about an upcoming hearing so one has the opportunity for defense? Gee, you think maybe they did send one and it just happened to not find me either --- yeah, right! Or, there isn't really a hearing, it's just a piece paper?

Here's the problem: there is no recourse. You pay the bill, or else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2011 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/e470-express-toll/denver-colorado-80217/e470-express-toll-another-victim-of-violation-noticehearing-officers-final-order-denve-794083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content