Complaint Review: East Coast Movers/Charlie Ohana

• East Coast Movers/Charlie Ohana
    2625 PARK LANE
    HALLANDALE, Florida
    USA

East Coast Movers/Charlie Ohana Finest Movers Inc/East Coast Moving & StorageCharlie Ohana, Owner Company/Owner should be out of business. Misrepresent, stole property,broke items, do not pay claims. Curse and threaten customers. I do not know how these people are in business and not behind bars. i am still waiting for my claim to be responded to which is one year at this time, Stress endured can't be described. HALLANDALE Florida

I used this company in a move August 16, 2016, and dealt with a Mr. Young, who represented the comany and owner, Charlie Ohama.  The whole experience was a complete nightmare. I was advised by Mr. Young, Sales Rep that delivery would be 3-4 days, movers who picked up said August 8th, which would have been 3 days.  Delivery was made 16 days after delivery. Driver would not take items off the truck until paid, which was $315.00 more, and after that was told items missing when driver left from Florida. Nothing changed in items delivered to warrant, and cubic feet was noted for more.  Weight of truck never verified by driver.  Weight was noted to be 2, 044 lbs for pick up, yet no one could tell me what it weighed as, and I had removed items for delivery.

What I learned:

1. East Coast Movers sub-contract out.  This I asked when truck came to pick up my furniture as there was no name on truck. I questioned driver, who stated he was employed by East Coast and denied sub-contract basis.

2.He then took items to East Coast where they were stored/moved I don’t know how many times. When we called East Coast to question delivery             where hung up on, cursed at, and treated in a way that was beyond description.

3.When items finally arrived there were many items broken, and missing from the delivery.

The driver who delivered to North Carolina was told this when loading in Florida, but did not advise us until paid and truck unloaded.  He advised us to file a claim with East Coast. Many of the containers were open and not taped as when they left Florida, and it was obvious things disturbed.

1. Daughter was cursed at and received anonymous calls
  2. Filed a claim on 10/20/2016 and no response as of this date.

This whole experience has been a nightmare and after my daughter researched company found they had 19 complaints against them. A claim was filed a year ago, and still have no response from company after sending follow-up claim form, and repeated phone calls and emails.  They not only broke items of value, but stole and many items missing from shipment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2017 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/east-coast-moverscharlie-ohana/hallandale-florida-33009/east-coast-moverscharlie-ohana-finest-movers-inceast-coast-moving-storagecharlie-ohan-1403153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content