Complaint Review: East Shore Athletic Club

• East Shore Athletic Club
    677 Long Point Rd
    Mt Pleasant, South Carolina
    United States of America

East Shore Athletic Club ESAC BILLING AND SERVICES RIPPOFF Mt Pleasant, South Carolina

Joined ESAC in June of 2012. Told them not to capture my CC info.Paid up front for a year.My wife subsequently joined. They asked  her  " if we wanted to use CC on file ? " I again reminded them NOT to keep my CC info as we prefer to just pay yearly in advance. They retained my CC info and tried to charge my card again!! When I spoke with their manager she said it was a billing  error and stated we owed them more money. We paid the additional  amount requested. We have since been denied access on 15 separate times since!! When I speak with their manager(6 separate times now)  about not getting access they check out our account and they have a listed as delinquent. Furthermore when they have us as an authorized user.... the access control system malfunctions when it rains and we get denied anyway!!

Their manager.......has tried to fix situation, but she claims her hands are tied due to the faulty access control system (card reader with door lock) and their outdated customer service membership software.

Noticed that their are 21 complaints at the SC Better Business Bureau for (3) locations!!. This is interesting because they have 13 locations. I wonder if this is just the "tip of the iceburg"

We have heard from several people complaining about same issues and charging them after their contract was up.

BEWARE OF EAST SHORE ATHLETIC CLUB!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2013 04:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/east-shore-athletic-club/mt-pleasant-south-carolina-29464/east-shore-athletic-club-esac-billing-and-services-rippoff-mt-pleasant-south-carolina-1041156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content