Complaint Review: East West Bank

• Submitted: Thu, June 23, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, June 23, 2011
  • Reported By: citysmart — laguna niguel California United States of America
  • East West Bank
    135 N. Los Robles Ave., 7th Fl.
    Internet
    United States of America

East West Bank Peter Ramirez & K.Y. Cheng Extortion Blackmail employee dishonesty , Internet

I took out a business loan for $400,000 from East West Bank in 2007. The loan was granted by K.Y. Cheng and Peter Ramirez. One year later when the payments were made timely, I was up for review and extension. Peter Ramirez approached me and indicated that if I would give him $5000.00 to buy a car for his wife, he would get the loan extended.

When I refused, I was hammered with notices that the loan was due and payable in full. Shortly afterwords, I expressed these facts to K.Y. Cheng Vice-President of the bank. He asked that I participate in a conference call with his in house Attorney and the head of Human Resources. I complied with all questions asked and the very next day Peter Ramirez was fired from the Bank. Mr. Cheng refused to discuss the matter further.

The reason I felt the need to report this is because after reviewing the internet for others that were injured by this bank, I found nothing. I am filing a report with SARS and FDIC and other investigative agencies in order to bring justice to this banks ethical, moral and lending practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2011 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/east-west-bank/internet/east-west-bank-peter-ramirez-ky-cheng-extortion-blackmail-employee-dishonesty-intern-744456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content