Complaint Review: ebay

• Reported By: William Welchel — canton Georgia USA
  • ebay

Internet
    USA

ebay ebay buyer protection failure Internet

I placed an order on ebay on March 6, 2017 with a seller with a reputation score of zero.  The item was reportedly in a city about 50 miles form my location and noting this, inquired about meeting locally to pick up the item.  No response was recieved in response to this.

Tracking informtion (UPS,) was posted on ebay and two things came to my attention.  First, the package weight was listed as 1 lb, the item I ordered was a full size carpet washer abd weighs approximately 22 lbs.  Second, the shipment originated from a town in central Minesoota not the city in Georgia that the auction claimed the item was in.

I followed the tracking ifnromation and on the date of delivery, the number showed delivery but nothng came to my house.  I submitted a claim through buyer protection and though the seller never seemed to respond, my claim was denied due to the tracking info provided.

I further persued this with UPS and was able to produce a letter showing the actual destination of the tracking number from the auction.  This turned out to be a business that I have no affiliation with.  On appeal, ebay buyer protection has still refused to overturn the earlier decision and is now asking for additional documentation from me prooving that I did not receive the package at that alternate address.

I don't know when or how the burden of proof was shifted to the defrauded party but I want other prople to know that ebay cannot be trusted to investigate fraudulent sellers.  Be careful what you buy online.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2017 09:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ebay/internet/ebay-ebay-buyer-protection-failure-internet-1365239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content