Complaint Review: Ecampus - Ecampus.com

• Ecampus - Ecampus.com
    2415 Palumbo Drive
    Lexington, Kentucky

Ecampus - Ecampus.com nonpayment ripoff delayed payment Lexington Kentucky

*Author of original report: I did the same

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Bruce, You're not Alone

I shipped off 2 of my daughter's college books on the first week of January 2006. Ecampus.com shows 1/14/2006 as received. They also show payment issued. They promise 4 to 6 weeks for payment for the 2 books they accepted. Today is March 22, 2006 and I have been notified through email responses their following comments:

Thank you for contacting customer service.

We apologize for the delay in processing your buyback order. Processing normally takes 6 weeks, but due to the overwhelming response to our buyback program, we are experiencing additional delays of 6-8 weeks. We currently do not have a mailing date available for your check, but please note that we are working hard to process as many checks as we can as soon as possible.

As an alternative, we are able to convert the check payment into an in-store credit. If you choose to do this, the in-store credit will apply to your account same day. Please reply if this is an option that you would like to take advantage of.

I wrote them that this is unacceptable and they responded with the following:

That is correct. Timeframe to receive your check is currently 12-14 weeks

Sorry for the inconvenience

Do Not Use Ecampus.com. They are obviously beginnning to scam the public. They will not respond through personal contact. Only through email. Beware!

Bruce
St. Cloud, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2006 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ecampus-ecampuscom/lexington-kentucky-40509/ecampus-ecampuscom-nonpayment-ripoff-delayed-payment-lexington-kentucky-182738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

I did the same

AUTHOR: Bruce - (U.S.A.)

Just wanted to let you know I filed a complaint with the BBB in Lexington, KY. I am waiting on their response. I also notified ecampus.com that demand for payment is now being made and that I have filed with the BBB and will if not paid complain to the Attorney General's office in KY. Stay tuned.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Bruce, You're not Alone

AUTHOR: Quiana - (U.S.A.)

Bruce,
I've had the same trouble with E-campus.com and I've reported them to the better business bureau of kentucky and then a week after reporting them they sent one buyback check but I've shipped my used college textbooks in December and they just now sent me a check in March, they are ridiculous stating that they are a good company and stuff. They tried to act like they were so good when the better business bureau contacted them. As a result, they tried to act like Mr. nice book place. I've been there done that Bruce you should report them, ASAP!
Quiana