Complaint Review: Ecampus, Knetbooks

• Reported By: AmyN****1120 — Memphis Tennessee
  • Ecampus, Knetbooks

Internet
    United States of America

Ecampus, Knetbooks Overcharged my credit card! DO NOT ORDER BOOKS FROM THIS COMPANY! Internet

Being a graduate student is stressful enough. Purchasing books for class should be convenient and easy.

I couldn't find a particular book for a class, and ecampus (also called knetbooks) was the only site that seemed to have it. It was only available for RENT, so I went ahead and spent 23.00 to rent it, since I was desperate to find it ASAP for one of my assignments.

When the book arrived, it arrived DAMAGED. The binding was out and pages were folded over.

After mailing the book back in 4/2013 (well before the due date of 6/3/2013) I received an email from the company saying I owed them money to replace the book and my credit card was going to be charged to replace it. I just looked at my bank account and saw that they charged me 49.91 for a book that classmates spent 1.00 for!!! So, I've spent almost 73.00 for it!!!!! I was already upset enough....

THEN, this morning, I received an email saying that they are charging my card because my book is PAST DUE! First of all, the book is not due until JUNE 3, 2013. It even says so at the top of the email that was sent to me. AND, the company OBVIOUSLY received the book already since they are charging me extra to replace it (even though it was damaged when I received it).

So, for a one dollar book, my card is going to be charged for the following: rental, replacement, AND a late fee- even though it arrived damaged and I mailed it back on time.

Disgusting. I feel robbed and RIPPED OFF.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2013 08:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ecampus-knetbooks/internet/ecampus-knetbooks-overcharged-my-credit-card-do-not-order-books-from-this-company-inte-1045123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content