Complaint Review: Economy Lube

20 University Avenue East
    Waterloo, Ontario
    United States of America

Economy Lube Oil change problem Waterloo Ontario

On May 2nd, 2007, I changed oil at Economy Lube. Unfortunately, on May 6th, when I was driving on the high-way, the check engine light was on, and it told me that the engine oil level was low, then I pulled over my car, and checked the car with the check button in my car, it said OK. I continued driving, in about 10 seconds, the check engine light was on again, I pulled over my car again,get off the car, and check the oil level by myself. I found there was no oil at all. I put some engine oil by myself and the oil leak everywhere on the highway.

I called a toll-truck, tolled the truck to Economy Lube. Economy Lube checked my car next day, it was not leaking anymore, but I cannnot get my car started. I tolled the car to the dealship, they check everything, and told me the engine is f***ed up and need to be replaced. My car was in excellent condition before theoil change. Audi dealer told me there was no evidence that oil was leaking. What I concerned is that if the drain pulg was not tite after they changed the oil for me,because that can explain the oil was not leaking fast after I changed oil.

Now I cannot contact their boss, I feel helpless. If boss of Economy Lube disappear all the time, I think I do need to see them on the court, do I?

Chengzhi kitchener, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2007 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/economy-lube/waterloo-ontario-n2j-2v7/economy-lube-oil-change-problem-waterloo-ontario-248904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content