Complaint Review: EDebitPay

• Reported By: Milwaukee Wisconsin
  • EDebitPay
    5301 Laurel Canyon
    Valley Village, California

EDebitPay IS a scam and is currently being sued by the Federal Trade Commission Valley Village California

EDebitPay, LLC is completely a scam. The first I heard of that company is when I saw that they withdrew $159.00 out of my checking account. I never applied for their "prepay debit card", never received a card, never authorized them to withdraw any money. Apparently, when I applied for a loan online, they got all my information...I am just assuming that is what happened. They are impossible to get a hold of and deny any wrongdoing. I did finally get my money back from them after I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

The Federal Trade Commission has recently successfully sued that company and now their assests are even froze while under investigation. If you have been scammed by EDebitPay, you really need to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and The Federal Trade Commission...you aren't going to get anywhere by trying to deal directly with the company.

Barbara
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2007 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/edebitpay/valley-village-california-91607/edebitpay-is-a-scam-and-is-currently-being-sued-by-the-federal-trade-commission-valley-vi-271128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content