Complaint Review: edegreeadvisor

4103 E Fleet Street
    Desert Springs , Arizona
    USA

HeliosMedia edegreeadvisor Work at home scam Desert Springs Arizona

This is a work at home company that specializes in obtaining and selling "qualified" leads to other marketing companies and unaccredited universities for profit.  They use various methods to obtain their leads, although most are acquired from websites disguised as employment search portals.

Job "candidates" fill in all of the information necessary to be contacted by prospective employers, ie.: full name, address, phone number, email address, etc..  They are asked if they may also have an interest in additional training/schooling, if that might help them find work.  That is the hook.

Once on this list of "qualified candidates", these unemployed job seekers are now part of a huge telemarketing and lead selling list.  Many people I spoke to were routinely contacted on a daily basis by as many as 8 different marketing firms and schools, with no way to be removed from these databases.

Googling complaints about this company and others associated with them will produce the same results.  Many will speak of not being paid.  That is the case with me also.  After working for this company part time for a month, I decided I couldn't keep up this scam, and also give my full time job my undivided attention.

HeliosMedia hires 1099 employees(independent contractors).  One day prior to the end of my last pay period, I told my training manager that I wouyldn't be able to keep working both jobs.  He kindly asked if I might consider working less hours per week and stay on board.  I responded that I would be taking a week off to decide.

My last pay was never direct deposited in my account.  In their terms of service(contract), it states that bonuses are based on fulfilling quality assurance standards before being paid.  I have no problem with that , and was in fact paid for my prior work.  Ther contract also states a $10/hour base pay, which would not be withheld.

I wasn't paid for my hourly or bonus pay for the last 10 days of work there.  The old adage, if it seems to good to be true, it probably isn't.

The work with this company is awful, as most people we talked to were just looking for jobs, not schooling.  They now have to answer the phone just in case it's an employer asking questions; more often than not, it's one of HeliosMedia's reps looking to turn a buck from their misfortune.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2014 07:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/edegreeadvisor/desert-springs-arizona-86432/heliosmedia-edegreeadvisor-work-at-home-scam-desert-springs-arizona-1125989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content