Report: #226425

Complaint Review: EDP Card, EDP Reporting, EDP Technologies Corporation, EDP Visa HipCash Card

  • Submitted: Wed, December 20, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, December 20, 2006
  • Reported By: Palmyra Pennsylvania
  • EDP Card, EDP Reporting, EDP Technologies Corporation, EDP Visa HipCash Card
    10 Universal City Pl. 20th. Floor
    Universal City, California

EDP Card, EDP Reporting, EDP Visa HipCash Card, EDP Technologies, EDP Visa HipCash Card, Ripoff Card Fraudulent $159.95 deduction from my checking account Universal City California *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Author of original report: My Bank was VERY Helpful!

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

My mother went to my bank to cash a check I wrote her, and was told that there were insufficient funds. They were nice enough to print her out a report of my account (she's also on the account). She then called me at work to let me know that my account is VERY much in the negative, and asked me, "Who is EDP? Why did you give them $159.95?" Now, I'm no Rockafeller, and being Christmas time, I check my account online at least once if not twice a day. I logged on and saw the E-Check, with EDP as the payee, and I almost went through the roof. I proceeded to contact my bank, and was told I need to come in and file a Federal Regulation E form. This form protects consumers from fraudulent transactions, and you have up to 60 days to file this form. I've been trying to contact EDP directly, but am having no success. I have also contacted my local news station, and dropped them a line that a scam like this is going on! As soon as I discovered this "EDP" nonsense, I googled them, and found HUNDREDS of stories from people just like myself. So, if this has happened to you, go to your bank and ask to fill out a Federal Regulation E. Make sure you have EDP's address and phone number with you, as your Bank Officer will most likely call them for you. If anyone out there has had SUCCESS, and got their $159.95 refunded to them, PLEASE let all of us know!! Thanks so much!!

Palmyra, Pennsylvania

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!


Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!


Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.


If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off & Author of

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2006 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Author of original report

My Bank was VERY Helpful!

AUTHOR: Randi - (U.S.A.)

I went to my bank and requested to file a Federal Regulation E form, and she asked me what's been going on with my account, etc. So I told her, and she said no, Regulation E does not apply to this matter, because the EDP charge came through as a "substitute check", or an ACH withdrawl. She then said she had to contact "Post Its" (not the paper company, obviously!), and they would get the money back into my account ASAP.

Evidently they handle ACH withdrawls. She then opened up a new checking account for me, and is in the process of closing the account EDP took money out of. I was told my $159.95 will be bank in my account by this time tomorrow!
Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.