Complaint Review: El Cid Vacations Club

• El Cid Vacations Club
    Av. Camaron Sabalo S/n P,o,box 813
    Mazatlan, Other
    Mexico

In Jan.'07 my wife and I were vacationing at the El Cid, ElMoro resort in Mazatlan Mexico.While we were there, Rui Veloso and Frank Fallon, sales reps.,interested us in a 308,000 point extension to our existing timeshare with El Cid. The extension would cost us $11,212.50.If we signed the contract, Rui Veloso stated that he would arrange with R.S.I. to rent out our 308,000 points for the month of Dec.' 07 and that we would receive a cheque for $10,000 by Jan .1'08---Guaranteed. He gave us a written agreement to this effect as well. We agreed and signed the contract for the new points.

We received no cheque for $10,000 in Jan of this year. A final notice from the collections office in Los Angeles levied a late charge of $1,100. bringing the the total owed to $12,333.

At the end of Jan. I called R.S.I. rental and was told that that they had not received any paperwork from El Cid and that our points had not been rented out in Dec.'07

I have attempted to contact Rui Veloso many times via email and fax but he has not acknowledged that any problem exists with our agreement with him or El Cid.

As far as we are concerned Rui Veloso has misrepresented the El Cid Vacations Club and he has lied to us regarding the terms of the agreement we signed in his presence.

We are now in debt for $12,333;an amount we can ill-afford as pensioners. We are therefore demanding immediate reimbursement of this amount from the El Cid Vacations Club.

Bear
Courtenay, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2008 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/el-cid-vacations-club/mazatlan-other-82110/el-cid-vacations-club-club-has-not-honoured-the-terms-of-agreement-signed-jan07-rui-velo-310113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
5Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

El Cid Scam

AUTHOR: simo68 - (United Kingdom)

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Liz, and our Company based in UK, CPC Worldwide, is specialized in helping people that have been a victim of fraud.

It's our job to solve problems abroad and I think that there's a lot of people on here that we can help. Our company was formed out of being disgusted at the way some people have been treated in the past and how so many people feel lost in a minefield.

We have other clients that have been defrauded by El Cid resort. If you want to get your money back, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I have realised I am not allowed to leave any email addresses or phone numbers, but you can easily find our UK company website.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Liz

#2 Consumer Suggestion

El Cid Fraud

AUTHOR: simo68 - (United Kingdom)

Dear Bear,

I hope to hear from you soon.

Liz

Thanks to El Cid Vacations Club!

AUTHOR: Bear - (Canada)

WE wish to thank  public relations and the El Cid Vacations Club for drawing up an agreement that has successfully solved our dispute with the  company. Well done!

El Cid Vacations Club-- Does not respect written agreement for points purchase.

AUTHOR: Bear - (Canada)

After admitting an over sight on his part in arranging to rent out our 308,000 points, Rui Veloso agreed to personally overseeing this rental for the month of July'08. We accepted his apology and agreed with this action on his part.

To date we have received from him a cheque for $1200.The rental agreement which Rui Veloso drew up was for $10,000.to be paid to us by Jan.'08 It is now June '09 and we have not received the balance according to the agreement. We have had to supply our own funds to pay for this contract#605599 since the proceeds from the rental were not forthcoming. There have been interest charges that have put the cost to over $12,000

I emphasize, that if Rui Veloso had not arranged this points rental agreement we would NOT have signed the contract.

We are demanding that El Cid Vacations Club reimburse us the full amount of this contract which we signed in Rui Veloso's presence.

Rui Veloso acknowledged an oversight on his part at ElCid Vacations Club

AUTHOR: Bear - (Canada)

We received an email from Rui Veloso today in which he apologized sincerely for our points rental not having been set up as originally agreed. He had assumed that this had been done.

He has arranged 5 bonus weeks for my wife and I a nd has agreed to personally oversee the setting up of our points rental for the month of July '08.

I'm quite satisfied with this compensation on Rui's part and we look forward to spending some good times at the El Moro.