Complaint Review: El Paseo Jewelry

73375 El Paseo
    Palm Desert, California
    United States of America

El Paseo Jewelry Taken advantage of Palm Desert, California

*Author of original report: Feeble attempt to "buy me off"

We feel we were taken advantage of. They sold us a big diamond (over 3 carats) in a setting, took our 2 carat trade in, and still charged us thousands. We came back to our city and took it in to our jeweler who said the diamond ring they sold us would only be good in a drill bit.  We got another opinion who said it had a large oclusion and wasn't worth 1/10th of what we paid for it. I called the store owner and he said he'd let us trade it in if we were ever back in Palm Springs. This jeweler was strongly referred to us by a family member.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/el-paseo-jewelry/palm-desert-california-92260/el-paseo-jewelry-taken-advantage-of-palm-desert-california-849035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Feeble attempt to "buy me off"

AUTHOR: Spiderlegs - (United States of America)

Apparently someone at El Paseo Jewelry found out about the Rip Off Report of them. A manager called me and asked what he could do to get me to retract my complaint.  I told him "stop ripping innocent people off".  He wanted the name and phone number of our local trusted jeweler. That's the last I heard of the issue.