My merchant services were iwth NOVA who got purchased by Elavon. June 2009 I decided to upgrade my terminal. I received the new terminal and money was taken out of my account to the toon of $375.
The machine didn't work properly.. in facts I could not use it at all. I called Elavon and they told me that they would issue a call ticket with UPS to come and pick it up. Several weeks passed I called Elavon they said that the call ticket was issued and that UPS would show up. They didn't.
On July 9th, 2009, I paid to have the machine returned with a delivery tracking number. I mailed the machine directly to the individual they told me to mail to: Elavon, Attn: James Runions, 7300 Chapman Hwy, Knoxville, TN 37920. I got delivery confirmation that the machine was received on July 11th, 2009 7:56am.
I called on July 23th and was told that I had to fax a copy of my bank statement showing that the money was taken out. I faxed a copy of the Merchant Bill showing the money was taken out on July 2, 2009. But that wasn't good enough. Because it was in the middle of my bank statement cyle I didn't have the information at hand.
On July 27th, I faxed them a copy of my bank statement that showed the money was taken out of my account for the terminal. I was told that on July 28th, a credit request was submitted and that the money would be put back into my account by August 12, 2009.
I called on August 12, 2009 and was told that the credit request had not actually been submitted and that it was going to be submitted on August 13, 2009 and that the money should be put back into my account by August 26th, 2009.
By the way, no one has been able to confirm the dollar amount that the credit has been submitted for. I have asked and am told "We don't have access to that information."
I called on August 27, 2009 and Erika told me that the credit request was resubmitted on August 24, 2009 and that the money should be in my account in 3-10 business days. She said that the person who submitted the credit request left out some iinformation on the request.
Today is September 14th, 2009. Gary at Elavon said that he saw that the credit had been submitted and that I would probably be charged a restocking fee on a piece of equipment that I could not use. Gary said that "Garfield" was handling this and that he would call me during the week to let me know what was going on with this.
I asked to speak to a Supervisor. I got Supervisor Brian on the phone. Brian said that he would resubmit the credit for $319 today and that I should see the money in my account by the end of the month. I am hoping that this is the case... but I will not hold my breath and have since changed Merchant Companies.
This is the worst customer service I have come across in my entire business existence. These guys are not concerned about Customer Service.
Oh, yea, I am getting stuck paying $56 restocking fee plus the $10 I paid to mail the equipment back to them.
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM EVER!