Complaint Review: EMBARQ / Residential Phone Service

• Reported By: Lexington Ohio
  • EMBARQ / Residential Phone Service
    EMBARQ.com / residential
    Mansfield, Ohio

EMBARQ / Residential Service And Allied InterstateEMBARQ / Residential Phone Service Home phone company allowed unrequested and unauthorized '3rd party SLAMMED billing, MULTIPLE TIMES, resulting in terminated service Mansfield Ohio

Company named "Allied Interstate" 3rd party SLAMMED my telephone bill, the provider being EMBARQ. This has been going on ALL YEAR and was to have been taken care of when I told them I involved the Ohio Attorney General Office.

I do not know who Allied Interstate is, nor have I ever used the service (which they admit). The Party using my phone-number is in another state with another name.

EMBARQ also conceded that records show I never used Allied services, something to do with long distance number look-up (?)

As stated again, I was told this had FINALLY been resolved and my bill reflected same (In JULY, I believe they said billing stopped), showing basic local services, credited as PAID! ONLY showing this 3rd PARTY until ALLIED did their part.

TODAY, my phone service was shut OFF FOR NONPAYMENT OF LOCAL SERVICE(?)

MY WIFE CALLED THEM AND THEY SAID WE HAVE PAID THE BILL, BUT THEY KEPT CREDITING PART OF MY PAYMENTS TO THIS BOGUS 3RD PARTY SCAM, NOT LOCAL SERVICE. EVEN THOUGH ALL PARTIES AGREE IT ISN'T IN MY NAME, MY ADDRESS , AND I NEVER USED THIS "SERVICE".

NOW THEY SAY I MUST PAY MY ' LOCAL SERVICE BILL', AGAIN WHICH I HAVE ALWAYS PAID IN FULL.

MY WIFE WAS WAITING FOR A NEW JOB CONFORMATION, TODAY, WHEN THIS HAPPENED. THIS MORE THAN LIKELY COST HER THIS POSITION, AS SHE WAS WAITING FOR THEIR ARRANGED CALL, UNAWARE OF THIS DISCONNECT AND HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT THIS EMPLOYER FOR A FEW REASONS.

Bubbagumped
Lexington, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2008 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/embarq-residential-phone-service/mansfield-ohio-44904/embarq-residential-service-and-allied-interstateembarq-residential-phone-service-home-386057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content