Report: #1411924

• Encore Nationwide
    18150 S Figueroa St
    Gardena, California
    United States

Encore Nationwide Larry Hess Encore Larry E. Hess Worst promotional event staffing agency ever! Gardena California

Larry E. Hess, the owner and CEO of Encore Nationwide, is the most abusive, unprofessional, and corrupt person I've ever encountered in the promotional industry. In August, I caught the CEO lying many times in his emails to me and I have all the evidence saved to prove it. For example, on August 17, 2017, Larry emailed me saying my jobpail profile was deactivated because of "some no shows." He completely made that up because I had emailed his staff weeks in advance to let them know I was no longer able to work the event. How could I have been a "no show if I told them upfront & not at the last minute that I wasn't going to work when they sent me the email asking me to confirm?

How could I have been a "no show" if I never formally confirmed/accepted the booking in response to their email? He said I had "some no shows" as if I had gotten booked for past events with Encore. [continued below]....

..... That is a complete LIE because that was the one and only time I got booked for an event with Encore. Larry Hess had the audacity to claim I "bailed" on the event when that was not the case. He literally used the word "bailed" in his email in an attempt to make me look bad! As someone else who wrote a review of Encore mentioned, "It states in their policies that it is not against the rules to cancel a gig."

In one of Larry's rebuttals to a person's review on ripoffreport.com, he wrote: "If you have an issue and you come to me or anyone of my staff privately and let us know about it, I can easily look into the situation for you and fix it or let you know how you could have done things better." Well Larry, I actually did email you when I first found out I no longer had access to my Joppail profile. You did not take the time to respond to my email even though I saw you actively responding to other people's comments about Jobpail on a Facebook post. You finally told me that the woman who deactivated my account was away on vacation.

Why would you need to wait for her to get back from vacation and get her reason for deactivating my account if: 1) You are the owner of the company and have full control over Jobpail 2) I forwarded you solid proof that I was not a no show and that the person who deactivated my account lied. The story of why my Jobpail was deactivated went from me having "some no shows" to me sending them too many emails because no one from his company was responding. Wow, I didn't realize it is a crime or against your company's policy to send multiple emails.

Larry and his staff are not cut out for this industry. Moreover, they are not cut out for running a business in the 21st century because they treat workers unfairly, are extremely slow to follow up with people and provide good customer service in a timely manner, fabricate nonexistent company policies to justify not offering the same pay rate as advertised on Facebook, don't pay people on time (or at all), deactivate jobpail profiles for the wrong reasons, and the list goes on.

In fact, Encore got so many negative reviews that they recently hid/deleted every single review posted on their Facebook page. Too bad the screenshots are out there and the internet never forgets!

I am still in the process of compiling all the evidence I have into one review so you can see Larry's true character. For now, you can read other people's negative reviews from the screenshots I took, yelp, ripoffreport.com, and complaints board .com. I'm currently reading another person's review about how she was removed from their system for arbitrary reasons. The reviewer used the word "abusive" in the title of her review to describe Larry Hess, so I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Another reason not to work for Encore is they lowball you on pay. There are so many other promo companies that pay more, don't abuse their workers, and follow ethical business practices. Stay far away from Encore Nationwide!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2017 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/encore-nationwide/gardena-california-90248/encore-nationwide-larry-hessencorelarry-e-hess-worst-promotional-event-staffing-agency-1411924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content