• Report: #248961
Complaint Review:

Entitlement Pro - JFYC

  • Submitted: Wed, May 16, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, May 16, 2007

  • Reported By:Upland California
Entitlement Pro - JFYC
PO Box 25451 Columbia, South Carolina U.S.A.

Entitlement Pro - JFYC Ripoff Fraudulent Check Cashing w/o ever speaking to me! Columbia South Carolina *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

I wanted to pay bills online. As usual, I logged into my bank account to check my balance. I saw a check numbered #001 and a withdrawal for $110.00 from my account. I printed out the check and looked at the front and back. I started noticing wrong things:1) My name is not listed exactly as I have it on my checking account. 2) They did not have my apartment number listed. 3) The Pay to the Order was listed as JFYC with a PO Box address in South Carolina. 4) The memo said "Entitlement Pro" and listed a phone number of 888-792-6297. and 5) (This is the scariest part) In the signature in all Capital letters was "SIGNATURE NOT REQUIRED" and a statement saying I authorized the payment, the payee will hold the bank harmless, etc.

It looked like my routing number and checking account number were added to the bottom of the check. And although the address for JFYC/Entitlement Pro was listed as South Carolina, my bank was able to track it to being deposited in North Carolina, and then it was re-routed to somewhere in Los Angeles County.

From what I have read so far on this website, people were being contacted by someone by telephone. I have never spoken to anyone regarding this (and would never give them my banking information anyways), and I have never given out my banking information to any website promising grants or money or anything. Like I said before, I only pay my bills online and their websites have that security where I must see my picture and phrase before continuing on.

Also, because it is over $100.00, my bank asked me to file a police report, get the report number, and then file a fraud packet with the bank. Here's the catch, if the check had been cashed in state, I would have had to go to that city and file the report because that is where the crime was actually committed. Because it was out of state, I was able to go to the city I live in and file the report.

This is very scary because I have always been very careful with my personal information. My computer is firewalled and I don't care how many extra steps I have to take when using the internet, I will take them just to prevent these kinds of things. But I want people to know that Entitlement Pro/JFYC can hit your account without ever having spoken to you.

Upland, California

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!


Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!


Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.


If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2007 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/entitlement-pro-jfyc/columbia-south-carolina-29223/entitlement-pro-jfyc-ripoff-fraudulent-check-cashing-wo-ever-speaking-to-me-columbia-s-248961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Entitlement Pro - JFYC

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?