Complaint Review: EQUIFAX, & OTHER 2 CREDIT BUREAUS SUCK!

• Submitted: Sat, July 12, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, January 10, 2009
  • Reported By: Henderson Nevada
  • EQUIFAX, & OTHER 2 CREDIT BUREAUS SUCK!
    Equifax, P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374
    Nationwide

EQUIFAX, & OTHER 2 CREDIT BUREAUS SUCK! EQUIFAX & OTHER 2 AGENCIES STILL GIVING BAD REPORTS AFTER ALL THESE YEARS Atlanta NEVADA

*Consumer Comment: JC Penney

I have paid all of my bills on time for over seven years now. Ten years ago I had to file bankruptcy with my X-husband because he defaulted on his house and unfortunately I was on the loan. Well, in the middle of all of that, he also had a law suit that paid him a large sum of money, and well, the check was delivered to the bankruptcy court, and all monies were available to the creditors to get their piece of the pie and the bankruptcy was discharged.

With that said, for 10 years now that is STILL on my credit report and even though I have outstanding bill paying, one small credit card that I only have a reasonable limit of $500.00, I am still not worthy of a store charge card, car loans that are cheap, and this is still hounding me for 10+ years!

What I don't understand about all of this is how can someone like myself be denied just because I do not choose to have large sums of revolving credit!
I am on the title of my own home, own to 2 cars, make a good salary and have had 10 loans with my credit union over the past 13 years with no defaults of any kind...so, with that said, how is it that I can't even get a store credit card like JP Penny??? This really doesn't make any sense.

I think these agencies have too much weight just like the IRS! What is a girl to do!! If anyone knows how to REALLY fix this without a"rip-off" fee, please file a rebuttle.

Thanks!

Danielle watson
Henderson, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2008 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/equifax-other-2-credit-bureaus-suck/nationwide/equifax-other-2-credit-bureaus-suck-equifax-other-2-agencies-still-giving-bad-report-350555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

JC Penney

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I wouldn't be heart broken over not getting a department store credit card. The interest rate will be sky high and who needs that?

Get a Visa through your bank or Credit Union. The interest rates will be very resonable and JC Penney no doubt takes Visa.