Complaint Review: Equifax

• Equifax

Nationwide
    USA

Equifax waits 30days and still does not know Nationwide

The news this evening said Equifax had been hacked.  The hack happened on July 29th; they finally informed consumers today, September 7th, a full 41 days later.  The news article said to go to  https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/ a website established by Equifax.

I looked up my information and I received an enrollment date to come back and register next week and thought, ok I will call them. While I was calling them my wife looked up her information, she immediately got a message that her ID was Not compromised.

I asked the first lady who answered the phone what information they could give me on my ID. She only repeated a script, rather rudely and in broken English, to go enroll on the equifax incident website. I told her I did not want to enroll and possibly have more information stolen. I asked if receiving a message was good or bad, again no response. I then asked for a supervisor, was told to hold, then that one was not avaliable and she hung up.

I called back and spoke to Shaquel who tried to answer my questions.  She was polite and her English was understandable; she told me she was not told any information and that all she could do was tell me to enroll.

This is a broken system.  The system that collects, holds, and analyzes our confidential information gets hacked and their only response is to tell consumers to input more information in the same system.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2017 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/equifax/nationwide/equifax-waits-30days-and-still-does-not-know-nationwide-1398593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content