Complaint Review: Equity Transportation

• Equity Transportation
    3865 Dykstra Dr NW
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    United States of America

Equity Transportation Fumigated. I was offered a dedicated route that fit exactly what I was looking for. They flew me 1200 mile for orientation. I was told they had a tractor clean and ready to go. When I got into the tra Grand Rapids, Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: Unfortunate

Equity Transportation Has no respect for professional drivers.  I was flown 1200 miles  for orientation for dedicated run in my area. I was told before I got to orientation there was a tractor clean and ready to go.

When I got into the tractor I was assigned it reeked big time of diesel exhaust. Even worst, when I turned on the engine and heater exhaust fumes blew into the tractor. The exhaust had big time leaks.

Was assigned another tractor. This one had dead batteries. I was told they decided to fix the exhaust system on the original tractor. Sure that may have helped but the whole inside of the tractor had been fumigated with exhaust. Just sitting in the  tractor with the engine off the saturation of the exhaust of everything was over powering. Less than 10 minutes of sitting in the tractor made me dizzy and nauseated.

As a professional driver, I have not doubt that the carpet, seats,bedding, almost everything had to be replaced and the shell sanitized. Even the vents needed to be flushed out. Just plane nasty.

They told me this was the only tractor they had for me. No way I could drive it.

I would avoid this company at all costs. They are cheap as they come.  It cost me several hundred dollars just to get home

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2013 11:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/equity-transportation/grand-rapids-michigan-49544/equity-transportation-fumigated-i-was-offered-a-dedicated-route-that-fit-exactly-what-i-1010162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Unfortunate

AUTHOR: JFERG - ()

It's unfortunate you received a truck directly behind a driver who obviously didn't take pretrip and post trip seriously. I think it kind of strange though that you didn't simply open the vents and crack the windows to air the truck out. I have been driving for 20 years now and been in multiple trucks that had at one point in time had exhaust leaks, however I have never had one that could not be simply aired out.