Complaint Review: ESBI

• Reported By: Garrison Minnesota
  • ESBI
    billview.com/esbi/faq.htm
    Internet

ESBI Billed me $14.95 on my phone bill for services that I did not request and do not want Internet

*Consumer Comment: ESBI is a ripoff - I agree!!!

ESBI attached a charge of $14.95 to my phone bill for March of 2009.

I do not know anything about ESBI and certainly did not authorize any business to be conducted with this company.

On April 20, 2009 I called a customer service rep, Matt, at Frontier Telephone Company and questioned him on this. He said that if I wanted it taken off the bill that I would have to contact ESBI directly.

I told him that since this charge from ESBI was on an invoice from Frontier that I expected them to take care of it. He kept insisting that I have to contact ESBI for a credit.

Frontier had also increased their monthly fee without my knowledge and I questioned him on this also. He finally stated to me that he would have to check into our account and that he would get back to me. When I asked him when he was going to get back to me, he stated, 2 hours. That was 5 hours ago and still no phone call.

On April 20, 2009 I sent ESBI an email telling that I wanted them to credit this amount back to my account IMMEDIATELY!

This is what I received for a reply from ESBI:

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department.?
From: billview esbi (esbi@billview.com)
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Mon 4/20/09 10:12 PM
To: Gene and Althea B

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department. We have receivedyour recent correspondence and will respond within 5 business days. Pleasenote that our office is open from Monday through Friday.

We are retired and live on a limited fixed income. We cannot afford these little "extra" charges that the phone company sticks us with.

I think the whole thing is a rip off. And after reading other complaints about ESBI, it sounds like I may have a fight on my hands. It is criminal for companies to steal from us poor senior citizens and then it is up to the individuals to try and get the money back!

Gene
Garrison, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2009 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/esbi/internet/esbi-billed-me-1495-on-my-phone-bill-for-services-that-i-did-not-request-and-do-not-want-445193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

ESBI is a ripoff - I agree!!!

AUTHOR: Tree - (U.S.A.)

I have also never signed up for service with ESBI and started getting charged on my phone bill. We also moved during that time and I was being charged for a number that I didn't even have anymore. I called ESBI and they are supposedly giving me a credit. I called Verizon first and they told me the same thing, that I had to contact ESBI directly - but why should I have to do this when I never authorized them to bill me for services that I did not ask for and was not using in the first place. Verizon should also be held responsible since they are doing the billing of these fradulent items.
I didnt' even know who ESBI was - I thought it was some subsidiary of Verizon. What a ripoff....they need to be prosecuted and put out of business for fradulent practices