Complaint Review: Estates At Stuart

• Submitted: Wed, May 11, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, May 11, 2011
  • Reported By: Upset Estates At Stuart Tennant — Stuart Florida United States of America
  • Estates At Stuart
    88 SE Hancock St
    Stuart, Florida
    United States of America

Estates At Stuart PMC Property Group Conned me out of my security deposit Stuart, Florida

I lived at the Estates At Stuart for 3 years, the rent was $925 but I accidentally paid $945 every month, they never corrected me. At one point I was on 'month to month' & they offered me $500 off the next month's rent to sign a lease, I told them I would do it if they gave me a 30day out clause. When they agreed I was highly suspicious seeing as I was already month to month. I even prodded to this extent, the answer was that it was to 'increase the #s on the charts' to 'inflate the # of leases' for upper management, so I agreed.

Upon trying to exercise my 30 day out clause they reversed the $500 credit. I had a $500 security deposit that was 'absorbed' due to this reversal. Seeing as I had been over paying the whole time, I still was supposed to have credit with them, about $200+

In the end, I did not pay the last 2 weeks worth of rent, seeing as they owed me $700 as per my understanding of the written contract, now they are coming after me for $200, sending me letters from the lawyers and threatening collections. I told them I would be happy to pay if they show me where in the contract it said the $500 credit was reversible upon exercising the 30 day out clause. This is my experience renting at the Estates @ Stuart. They nickel & dime me after I move out, when I have shown them 3 faithful years of paying $945 a month, they are going to come after me for under $200.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2011 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/estates-at-stuart/stuart-florida-34994/estates-at-stuart-pmc-property-group-conned-me-out-of-my-security-deposit-stuart-florida-728088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content