Complaint Review: Ethos Apartment Homes
Ethos Apartment Homes | Sherman Residential An great looking apartment that makes up for it with the most inept and incompetent management Austin Texas
The apartments, in terms of the space, location and cost, are great, but you get what you pay for - management is horrendous, but don't expect Sherman Residential (The Property Management Company) to be of any assistance. After refusal by the site manager, Sarah Martinez, to address numerous managerial issues as well as meeting to discuss them, I provided Regional Manager, Tanya Morales, a detailed, factual and evidence-based list of numerous, ongoing problems caused by management. They are as follows (keep in mind, this is only over a four-month period:
- A. Outright refusal to meet to alleviate matters of wrongdoing and negligence;
- B. False accusations and false charges regarding failure to report dogs, despite emails to the contrary where I registered my dogs;
- C. Provided a key to a guest not on my lease without my permission;
- D. Being provided key fobs for garages that don't work;
- E. Being provided a garage with broken shards of glass, trash and boxes in them;
- F. Being provided a gate access code and fob whereby literally any four-number pin combination accesses the apartments that thusly threatens the safety and security of all residents;
- G. Being told by a staff member that, in regards to my dogs being attacked by a wild opossum, "there's nothing we can do about that" despite the properties shared and partial liability;
- H. Being accused of keeping a motorcycle in a hallway, despite my bike being garage kept, and when I sought evidence, location or a description of the bike none could be provided;
- I. On several occasions, being notified by staff that my package(s) were ready for pick up and within 15 minutes of arrival no one could be found or would return for upwards of an hour;
- J. Being told by staff that individual maintenance services could be provided at request only for that to be later reversed without my knowledge until confronting a staff member after several emails inquiring;
- K. Failure to provide exterminator service despite detailed instructions (ant piles outside, outdoor bugs inside) because staff do not read emails (had to re-forward same email request - staff member stated, "oh, I didn't see that.").
Likewise, just this past week, the apartments simultaneously booked two separate birthday parties in the crowd area, infuriating two other residents; likewise, last month an infuriated new resident complained to me (while I was waiting for a package for 45 minutes when I was told it was ready) that they'd been waiting for hours for a staff member to move in when having to pay movers by the hour. These, again, are simply what I have recorded evidence of for the past FOUR months along with some further items that I have seen.
Sherman Residential's Tanya Morales, upon receiving the official complaint claimed that she would act quickly (over the phone) only to acknowledge verbally three of the items mentioned above - likely to avoid legal and liability problems cause by the company's absolute and endless incompetence.
If I were you, despite how wonderful the place looks, I would look place else. It is not worth the daily headaches and effort to attempt to both be a resident and your own manger.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2017 10:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ethos-apartment-homes/texas-78744/ethos-apartment-homes-sherman-residential-an-great-looking-apartment-that-makes-up-for-1368630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: