Complaint Review: Everest Institute

silver spring , Maryland
    USA

Everest Institute The ghetto Institute from hell silver spring Maryland

*Consumer Comment: WRONG

My mother,and boyfriend tried to talk me out of applying to Everest. I am sooooo sorry that I did not listen. The school is a big joke. If you want to flush your money down the toilet go to the Everest Institute in Silver Spring. I went to that school for six months. I learned absolutley nothing. The teachers are ghetto, and uneducated about the materials that we went over in class. The students in each class are on diffrent module levels,and are basically teaching each other. I had one subsitute teacher after another, and no one knew when the students would have a permanate teacher. The labs teachers and Lab helper were never on the same page. The students in the lab classes would use another student  to practice techniques to use on patients. I was not comfortable with the fact that we had to draw blood from each other . I didn't sign any documents that would protect me if I had gotten aids, or any other blood transffered disease. One of the girls told me that she had herpes, and I was disgusted. The institute doesnt ask for immunization records, drug test records, or tb test results from from your physican before you start the course. Everest only cares about the money. I complaied to the dean several times about everything,and all she did was run her mouth about fixing the problems. The dean is a lazy poor excuse for a dean. This school is not accreddited either. The job fair center doesn't not care about finding you a job,and a lot of doctors offices do not hire students from Everest because they are not trained properly. Thanks to Everest I have a huge collection bill from them that I have to fine a way to payoff. Please do your research,and do not take short cuts. Go to a community college.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2013 09:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/everest-institute/silver-spring-maryland-20910/everest-institute-the-ghetto-institute-from-hell-silver-spring-maryland-1087124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

WRONG

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

First of all, the school is accredited. You have the facts wrong. ACISCS is the accreditation agency for Everest Insitute. As far as getting tested for anything other than the entrance exam to participate in a course, that's illegal. Your were disgusted because someone has herpes? So, are you going to get it from them in class, No because if you practice OSHA, you won't worry about that. DOCTORS deal with patients with diseases all the time, so if you're practicing on each other - then how is that different? When you had a tour, you were told exactly what would happen. If you didn't pay attention, then that's your fault. No one put a gun to your head. Plenty of students get great jobs from Everest, and there are those who don't. Everest isn't the best school, correct. But there are some people who are DELIGHTED with the Everest Experience, and that's it. You said the career center doesn't help, but they do. You might be one of the people who never went to see your career rep.