Complaint Review: Everest University

• Everest University
    5701 E. Hillsborough Ave Suite 2300
    Tampa, Florida
    United States of America

Everest University They have given me false information and are withholding funds that belong to me. They are not an accredited school Tampa, Florida

*Consumer Comment: I have been scammed by Everest

*Consumer Comment: comment

Everest University has not been honest from the beginning. They are withholding loan money that belongs to me, to pay for living expenses while I am going to school full time.  I signed a paper to have it sent to me, not them. This is my loan money that I have to pay back. They told me that they were an accredited college, which I later found that they were not. I have filed a complaint with Florida's Attorney General, they are already investigating them for the second time. I am currently looking for an attorney that can help me and the many other students that are getting ripped-off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2012 08:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/everest-university/tampa-florida-33610/everest-university-they-have-given-me-false-information-and-are-withholding-funds-that-be-830005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I have been scammed by Everest

AUTHOR: SorayaP - (United States of America)

And just today, right now, just got an email from HR at my company stating that Everest has sent an Order of Withholding to start deduction of 15% from my paycheck starting next week. They are trying to get over $27k when I went back and forth with them for years re: online classes I did NOT sign up for - I failed bc I never logged in, then they wanted $3k for me to come back to school. Being a single parent of 2 kids and working FT I could not pay this. Now, 3 years later, they are trying to screw me over. We need more people to come forward, and maybe we can file a class act against them. Anyone in this situation or if you have been scammed in one way or the other by FMU (formerly Florida Metropolitan University- now Everest University) please shoot me an email- I have 3 lawyers working on this for me right now.

soraya.nussentials@gmail.com

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

Actually, Everest IS accredited by the American Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.  You didn't give enough information, but I suspect that what you're waiting on is the refund of funds left over after the tuition is paid. I believe there is some type of federal guideline that says they have to refund within 30 or 60 days.  I'm not sure, but if you check the Department of Education website and follow the links to "student aid" there should be more information there.

So far, there's no rip off.