Complaint Review: Excellent cars

• Excellent cars
    Shepcote Lane, Meadow Hall, Sheffield, South Yorks
    Sheffield, England / Sheffield
    United Kingdom

Excellent cars S&n motors ltd Sold me a car not fit for purpose please do not use cowboys Sheffield England / Sheffield

I purchased a car from Excellent cars (also known as s&n motors ltd) on Tuesday 28th November 2017 I drove down to Sheffield to see the car after my enquiry on the Monday, I was told in a voicemail that the car was perfect drove great ( I knew it had been a CAT D) I Was assured all work had been done on the car I asked the damage that was done to the car and I was told by Dave via voicemail message ( which I have) that it was side damage to the doors on passenger side and pillar which had been fixed.

So as I said I drove down and had a look at the car, I dealt with Noel on the Tuesday as It was Dave's day off pleasant enough chap who advised again the car was in perfect condition (baring in mind this is a 13 plate Ford Grand C-Max with only 16700 miles on the clock) I inspected the car and yes it did seem ok ( I am no mechanic) in there advert on Autotrader it advised the car had been mot'ed on the 23rd November so it had a full year (again giving the assurance the car was perfect).

when I asked when down there to confirm I was advised it had mot until April 2018, Again I asked about the damage and was advised it was side damage to the car and Noel even showed me where there was a little mark on the passenger rear sliding door, I said yes id purchase if they put a years mot on the car which they did and it sailed through the mot apart from a faulty seat belt which they replaced from another grand C-MAX They had in stock, so again car (MOT Station has now been reported to Ministry of Transport) when I brought the car back from Sheffield I put it in to the garage local to myself to have it inspected and the knocking sound looked at (yep knocking sound and horn not working).

I have now been advised today (5th Dec 2017 ) that the car was a total front end right off. not a side impact as was told (I have proof via emails and voicemail and 2 different witnesses) the horn was put back on the car upside down and only a single horn not as should be a double horn hence water getting in to the horn and well basically killing it, the knocking sound is still a work in progress at the moment (ill update this once we get to the bottom of it) the mechanics at the garage could not believe the car was on the road due to the shoddy rebuild that had been done on the car there is a load of major faults that will be updated once I have dealt with the legal side of this...

I spoke with Noel today (5th DEC 2017)Who had a very blazy attitude of couldnt care less as i purchased it as a cat D but under the consumer rights act of 2015 this car is not fit for the purpose and i am entitled to my full money back, i have started the legal process to make this happen.

So to ask the question would i buy a car from Excellent cars of Sheffield or S&N motors who are the same company not a chance in hell they are 1st rate cowboys and i am pretty sure you will be seeing this lot on tv soon. PLEASE PLEASE DO A INTERNET SEARCH ON THESE COMPANIES BEFORE YOU BUY A CAR FROM THEM AS YOU DONT WANT TO BE IN THE SAME SITUATION AS MYSELF

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2017 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/excellent-cars/sheffield-england-sheffield-s9-1qt/excellent-cars-sn-motors-ltd-sold-me-a-car-not-fit-for-purpose-please-do-not-use-cowbo-1415150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content