Complaint Review: Exede

Englewood, Colorado
    USA

Exede, WILD Blue, Viasat Unfair extension of contract Englewood Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: I would like to help

I signed up for Exede internet service about 5 months ago. At first, the service was absolutely horrid and my modem wouldn't connect to the internet and required rebooting severa times a day. Exede sent a technician out and my connectivity did get somewhat better.

I am moving, and when I signed up I asked them about moving. Exede told me it wouldn't be a problem at all, just to let them know a week before and they will switch it all over. I knew I would be moving several times in the 24 month agreement, so I had asked about this when I signed.

Well, now that it is a week before my move, I call to set up my switch. They inform me that I must agree to a new 24 month contact from this date! So, in other words, my last 5 months of service does not count for anything. I will be moving again in 4 months, and will have to then sign another 24 month contact.

I feel very tricked and very ripped off in every way possible with Exede. Their extremely low internet packages (for extremely high prices) are a joke compared to many other available ISP's, but they know that rural residents cannot get all of the other possibilities and jack up their prices and lower the amount of allowed use. Then, we get tricked into signing a 24 month contract that will never end if you move around.

I am contemplating paying the $300 charge just to be "free" of this crap. Ridiculous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2014 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/exede/englewood-colorado-80155/exede-wild-blue-viasat-unfair-extension-of-contract-englewood-colorado-1126121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I would like to help

AUTHOR: Exede Josh - ()

I am sorry to hear that you were not told about the move process at the time you signed up for the service.  Because each installation requires a significant investment on our part, we do require a new 24 month agreement to move your service (which is done at no cost to you).  I certainly understand your frustration as someone who must move around a lot.  I would like the opportunity to speak with and see what solutions we can offer.  Please email exedelistens@viasat.com with your telephone number and the best time to call, and I will be happy to help.  Thanks.