Complaint Review: Expedia - The Berkely Group

• Reported By: Van Nuys California
  • Expedia - The Berkely Group
    300 Jericho Quadrangle PO Box 9022
    Jericho, New York

Expedia - The Berkely Group Trip Insurance with Expedia is a Sham Jericho New York

I have used Expedia for a long time and have always bought the trip insurance. The one time I needed it, however, I found out it is a complete scam.

I went to see my family and my father, who had had a surgery, had serious and unexpected complications during my stay. I had to extend my trip to the tune of an extra $600.

The process of calling Expedia and their insurance company "The Berkely Group" in order to get another ticket and file a claim was confusing and contradictory. Each person on the phone would tell me a different story.

I got together all the required paperwork - including medical records and signed statements from the doctors, but The Berkely Group will not pay me what I am owed.

After waiting several months I just received a letter from them saying that my claim is denied and that's it.

What happened to me is exactly what I have been buying the trip insurance for - now I know they never intended to honor their obligations. Expedia and The Berkely Group are complete rip-off artists and you should not patronize them ever.

Wiser
Van Nuys, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2009 07:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/expedia-the-berkely-group/jericho-new-york-11753/expedia-the-berkely-group-trip-insurance-with-expedia-is-a-sham-jericho-new-york-407724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content