Complaint Review: Explore Talent

Los Angeles, California

Explore Talent Trying to rip more people off! Los Angeles California

*UPDATE Employee: What a lie

*UPDATE Employee: What a lie

So I got a call today @ about 11 am from this lady, I think her name was Nancy. She told me that I had filled out some info about my 8 month old daughter online to put her in mags or commercials. I vaguely remember this.

She goes on to tell me about what I will recieve in the mail at no cost-a calender, business cards...no commision. I wouldn't even need professional pics, photos from my digital are fine. She told me a bunch of other stuff that i couldn't understand-she didn't speak english very well.

I was skeptical of course, but she kept telling me that there are auditions going on soon and she needed to set up an online profile for my daughter. Then she told me how much the profile was going to be-$120 for 6 months, $200 for 1 year, and $400 for 2 years. I really want to get my daughter into modeling (everyone says she's the Gerber baby), so the money part didn't really dicourage me. But I told her that I needed to think about because money is tight right now.

She tried to push me into giving her money and i just kept saying that I had to check my finances first and I would call her back in an hour. I didn't call her back (I looked up their company), so she called me. I told her that I couldn't do it because it was a scam and she tried to convince me that the problems they've had were w/ people that signed up online and didn't do it correctly. She said I will be missing great opportunities for my daughter, blah, blah, blah...

Anyway, I didn't give them any money. Thanks to all that posted about this bogus company. I'm glad there are places that you can find out if you're getting screwed or not!! It sucks that there are people-companies-out there that mess w/ peoples emotions like that.....

Amy
LaBelle, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2008 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/explore-talent/los-angeles-california/explore-talent-trying-to-rip-more-people-off-los-angeles-california-378671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

What a lie

AUTHOR: April - (U.S.A.)

Explore Talent doesnt even offer a 2 year membership. You must be confused with another talent company.

What a lie