Complaint Review: Explore Trip

• Reported By: hannahcp — Toronto Oregon Canada
  • Explore Trip

Internet
    USA

Explore Trip Unauthorized charges and awful customer service Foster City, CA California Internet

I recently purchased a flight from Toronto to Santa Marta, Colombia with Explore Trip. (exploretrip.com) When I looked at my credit card statement after booking the flight, I noticed an unauthorized $72.25 charge to my account that is listed as AGENT FEE TRAVEL SERVCS. This is a problem for me as I do not remember being charged an agent fee while checking out and buying my ticket. Furthermore, my friend booked the exact same flight at the exact same time and did not get charged a $72.25 agent fee. Her credit card statement lists only the price of the flight. I'm very concerned that I have been scammed & am requesting a refund for the $72.25 that I was charged but am having difficult reaching customer service.

Update: I recently noticed on my card that I was also charged 9 dollars more for the exact same flight as my friend ($326 vs. $335). Is this how Explore Trip offers cheap flights? By scamming some of their customers? After contacting their customer service I received no real help & they continue to insist that they did not put those charges on my card. Either they took that money from my account or their website is poorly secured and compromised my credit card.

Update: Unbelievable. After spending many days contacting Explore Trip and attempting to resolve this issue, they promised to issue me a refund for the money they stole from me. I finally received the money today, however I was only returned $69 of the $82 they took. They offered no explanation for their theft nor did they issue the voucher they promised me for the trouble and stress I was put through. After reading other reviews, it seem I got off easy-- other customers claim to have been robbed of hundreds of dollars by Explore Trip! If you value your money and your peace of mind, do not use this "service".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2017 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/explore-trip/internet/explore-trip-unauthorized-charges-and-awful-customer-service-foster-city-ca-california-i-1401713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content