Complaint Review: EyeMasters

• EyeMasters
    11103 West Ave.
    San Antonio, Texas
    United States of America

EyeMasters Eye Care Centers of America failed to advise of defectiveness of coating on glasses; refuses to replace glasses now San Antonio, Texas

In November 2010 I purchased 3 pairs of glasses-2 half-lens reading and 1 full-lens bifocal transition to be used as sunglasses. The reading glasses were delivered in 1 day, but the transition lenses were not delivered until February 2011.

By August 2011, the coating on my lenses was wearing off and my ability to see through them was severely limited. Eye Masters replaced the lenses-albeit after waiting 30 days for the new lenses to arrive.

By November 2011, the coating was again wearing off the lenses. A new store manager now advises me that the coating defect is "my fault" due to the manner in which I clean the lenses, i.e., 1) using the micro-fiber cloth without lens cleaning liquid when away from home, 2) using a soft cotton pad with lens cleaning liquid at home, 3) having the glasses in the bathroom during showers and 4) leaving my glasses in the car during the Summer months.

Until now, at no point in this year-long saga has anyone from Eye Masters ever told me of all the aforementioned restrictions. Had I been advised earlier, I could have made a fully-informed decision of NOT choosing the coating.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2011 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/eyemasters/san-antonio-texas-78213-1392/eyemasters-eye-care-centers-of-america-failed-to-advise-of-defectiveness-of-coating-on-gla-803767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content