Complaint Review: Fairbanks Capital Corp aka Aames Home Loans

• Reported By: South Whitley In
  • Fairbanks Capital Corp aka Aames Home Loans
    3815 South West Temple
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Fairbanks Capital Corp aka Aames Home Loans ripoff Unethical if not criminal conduct Salt Lake City Utah

*0: Enough is enough

Fairbanks bought our note from another company,,, thats where the problem began. Our payments were the same, but the interest charges were unreasonable, (you NEVER knew how much your interest charges would be).

After several calls to the company, their "Helpful Staff" told me to refinance if I was unhappy, so I did. This is where the REAL trouble started. Not only do we have to pay $10 for EVERY FAX but they have the NERVE to charge for a PREPAYMENT PENALTY that our note CLEARLY states is not valid.

To make a long story short (yea, we were also passed around to all of the helpful service staff). We were told they have 60 days under federal law to answer our dispute, and were going to take the full 60 days.

So they get to use over $1600 of my money for OVER 60 days FOR FREE,,, It would cost me my first born son if I didn't pay them for 60 days.
I think a class action law suit is called for!!!!

Mike
South Whitley, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2002 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fairbanks-capital-corp-aka-aames-home-loans/salt-lake-city-utah-84115/fairbanks-capital-corp-aka-aames-home-loans-ripoff-unethical-if-not-criminal-conduct-salt-36280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 0

Enough is enough

AUTHOR: - ()

We waited the sixty days .... I just got my lawyer involved. If I win, I hope to see a FLOOD of law suits close this dishonest company!!!!!