Complaint Review: Fairbanks Capital Corporation

• Updated: Tue, July 08, 2003
  • Reported By: Annapolis Maryland
  • Fairbanks Capital Corporation

Jacksonville, Florida

Fairbanks Capital Corporation ripoff business founded in hell Jacksonville Florida

*Consumer Comment: Cry Me a River

*Consumer Comment: don't blame George W. Bush

Why is this company allowed to even exist?!?! I've been paying my mortgage faithfully for years - then my mortgage gets sold to Fairbanks Capital and all hell breaks loose! I had better than A+1 credit - now my credit is so bad! How is this even legal? Don't we have an Attorney General for these types of things? Is the American Government sleeping? What's up?

I am about to lose my house and the only thing president Bush is concerned with is the state of affairs overseas! What about right here in the Good Old USA?

When my mortgage was sold, I was never told. I kept sending my mortgage check in to my former mortgage holder. Instead of telling me or even forwarding the check to Fairbanks, they kept them. Not until my credit was trashed did anyone inform me. Then my credit showed me having paid my mortgage several months late - even though I paid on time - every time!

When I finally got that mess cleared up, I lost my job - this economy sucks. I've been unemployed since September 13, 2001 and have feverently been looking for employment since.

I am now 4 months behind on my mortgage. Fairbanks has slapped "attorney fees" onto what I owe. What attorney? No one has contacted me! So now I ALSO have to pay for attorney fees for a "ghost atttorney"? They won't take a mortgage payment anymore. I have to make 2 payments in addition to the "attorney fees". They told me that if I send them money, their computer will return the money.

So now they don't want my money! They are doing a good job at "forcing" me into foreclosure!

How is this allowable?

How can ANY mortgage company be allowed to decline ANY amount of money?

President Bush says he wants to "jump-start" the economy. How? By allowing rip-off companies like this to "forcibly" take our homes?

President Bush: You once said that you admire the American people by rallying to your cause with terrorism. That you were sorry for the 9-11-01 victims.

What about the 9-11 vistims who weren't in New York? What about those of us who can't get unemployment? Those of us who are about to be thrown into the streets with trashed credit and no possibity of employment?

What are you going to do for us?

Do you honestly think giving tax shelters to the wealthy will give me a job - keep my home - repair my credit?

Get real - what about those of us in the trenches Mr. President?

Sylvie
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2003 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fairbanks-capital-corporation/jacksonville-florida/fairbanks-capital-corporation-ripoff-business-founded-in-hell-jacksonville-florida-40895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Cry Me a River

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

I am a consumer and also own multiple properties. I don't mean to invalidate your employment issues, but it's tough all over and where exactly do you think you can live and not pay rent/mortgage for 4 months. Nobody offers that type of payment plan but the Salvation Army. Do you think my loan company would decline to foreclose on me because my tenants are out of work. 90 days buddy...that's all I got same as you. Everybody keeps using 9-11 as the reason they are behind,out of money, unemployed. Now it might be true for the unemployment, but it also goes to show that while the good times were rolling, nobody saved anything. In the good old American way, we spent, spent, spent and never tucked away for a rainy day. Now we are reaping what we sowed. Sorry I don't have more sympathy, but if you can't afford your home anymore, you need to sell it or at least try. I see you blaming everybody else for what happened to you instead of at least taking some of the responsibility onto your own shoulders. Good luck to you in your endeavors in finding a job.

don't blame George W. Bush

AUTHOR: Daniel - (U.S.A.)

Sylvie-
There are a couple of things I would like to address with you.

First, this company deserves to go belly-up for the endless number of scams and fraud they've committed against innocent, prompt mortgage-paying consumers as yourself. They will get theirs as all of the assets of the company and its owners are stripped away as result of the lawsuit and FTC investigations against them, trust me.

Secondly, however, this is not the President's fault. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but take a little economics and you will learn that the state of the economy is not going to rest on whether fraudulent companies exist or not. President Bush does not "allow" companies such as this to exist and in fact, the current administration has done more work than any in the area of consumer protection, as you can discover by studying or researching recent work of the FTC and Department of Justice. Several bills exist withing Congress to increase enforcement on predatory lending practices which are deceptive, unfair, and fraudulent. As all bills, however, these are taking time, but rest assured they will pass, and predatory lending will suffer a harsh, short-lived future. President Bush is your biggest ally right now, not only in the war against protecting your nation, but also in protecting your homes and credit.

Thirdly, you have the ability to start rebuilding your credit. Contact the major credit reporting agencies and discuss the situation with them directly...do not settle for a contact number for the said company of Fairbanks. explain to them and get them to clear these "delinquent" allegations against your account. Require that they examine the infinite # of cases and complaints against the company to verify the illegitimate claims which have been charged to your name. They have the power to rebuild your credit, but only if you let them know how you've been hosed. May God bless you and bring this company to justice!