Potential buyer beware. Potential employee (independent contractor) beware. This company solicits overpriceddread-disease policies (cancer, accident, heart-disease, and life insurance) door to door in lower-class areas, often to people who cannot afford traditional major medical health insurance.
The only people who are really making money are the CEO, Howard Lewis, and his slimy entourage of upper management. You are merely a slave, given no base salary, no benefits whatsoever, who is encouraged to work from 10am to 9pm, Monday through Saturday to fatten the wallets of your managers while they are out brainwashing more potential sales reps. Why? Because the turnover for this legal pyramid scheme is through the roof they cant hire people fast enough to replace all of the turnover (which is probably in the 60-75% range. Seriously).
Why this is an awful insurance policy to own:
1) It is overpriced compared to Aflac and other policies available through your employer.
2) They target people in lower-class neighborhoods, many of which dont own a major medical policy. They are conned into thinking that at least they have some coverage. In reality, they do not they are only covered if their family deals with cancer, heart disease, or accidents. And poorly covered, at that the reimbursements hardly cover the money you pay in premium.
3) The customer service is awful and they, like any other insurance company, will do their best to avoid paying claims whenever possible.
4) If it was so great, wouldnt you have called them? They just showed up at your doorstep to sell this thing to you. Doesnt that sound a bit strange?
Why this is an awful insurance company to work for:
1) Door to door. Residential.
2) They place you in lower-class neighborhoods, encouraging you to work from 10am to 9pm at night. Most of these areas are unsafe after dark.
3) No base salary. No benefits. Nothing. You pay your own gas, your own hotel costs, your own airfare to company functions, even the parties that are held at company functions those go right on your tab! What a joke!
4) 100% Commission-based. And the commission is entirely arbitrary they assign your contract percentage based on how badly they want you to work for them. The directors/managers are on 80% or higher contracts. They give their slave labor contracts ranging from 30-70% of the premium amount. That means, in most cases, your manager makes MORE money than you do on YOUR sales!
5) They dont care if you quit if you quit, your manager still gets paid on your policy for the time that policy stays on the books.
6) \Policy retention these policies, much like the salesforce, have an incredibly high turnover.
Policies are cancelled at a ridiculous clip somewhere in the 25-30% range. If not higher.
In summation, you are out of your mind if you are ever convinced that this is a good company to work for or buy a policy from. The polices are terrible, the salesforce is a bunch of kool-aid drinking half-wits who are merely slaves to their manager, who kicks back and makes the majority of the money while you sweat your tail off, selling this crap door to door. Buyer beware. Employee beware. You have been warned.