Complaint Review: Family Protection Association

5812 Trade Center Drive Suite #300
    Austin, Texas
    USA

Family Protection Association BOGUS monthly charges Austin Texas

In the fall of 2016, I ordered a product from Family Protection Association twice, with a small shipping fee, on two separate occasions.  What I did not know when I placed the orders was that FPA would then charge me for a membership WITH EACH ORDER.  This was disclosed only after completing each order in an email which I never saw.

Every month, two charges would show up in my checking account from familyprotection.org for $19.95.  A couple of months went by and I called them up and asked why I was getting charged.  They explained that I agreed to the charges when I made those two purchases.  I said I didn't want to pay for two memberships, so they should cancel one of them.  They agreed to do so.  They continued to charge me twice a month.  I called again and asked them to cancel ALL memberships and they agreed.  One month later, I received yet another charge from this company.

The insistance on creating a separate membership for every separate order (with no indication that this was going to happen), added to the inability for this company to stop charging after its customer has requested to cancel multiple times all adds up to SCAM for me.  DO NOT order anything from Family Protection Association.  They just want to stick you with as many recurring monthly membership charges as they can.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have asked my bank to refuse any charges from this company once I realized what they were doing.  You CAN ask your bank not to allow this type of recurring charge.  This company does not deserve anyone's hard earned money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2017 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/family-protection-association/austin-texas-78744/family-protection-association-bogus-monthly-charges-austin-texas-1372935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content