Complaint Review: Fandango And Reservation Rewards

• Updated: Wed, February 11, 2009
  • Reported By: (alias) Lynnwood Washington
  • Fandango And Reservation Rewards

Internet

Fandango And Reservation Rewards FANDANGO SELL CRIEDIT CARD INFO AND CLAIMS IT AN HONEST TRANSACTION Internet

I have used fandango for several movie ticket purchases but happened to click on a free movie ticket area on their website. After clicking the site asked me for my email address twice to confirm a request for my credit billing info but nowhere clearly stated my gaurded credit card information be shared and given to another company. Billing info is not the same as me entering the credit card info in myself or authorizing each transaction and amount each and every transaction. I found an unauthorized charge on my bank card for $12 and called Reservation Rewards to credit my account and remove my credit card info from their records and not share it under any situation anytime from 2-11-09 forward. I also contacted fandango after searching the internet for a phone number... they removed the phone number from their website because they are getting flooded with calls. The service rep was happy to remove me as a fandango customer and continued to defend these deceptive and fine print transactions. I feel that it should be a law that these rip offs type in CAPS and colored type when getting any info at all ever. I strongly encourage anyone using fandango to refrain from clickin for any other service and will advise you that your info will be sold and or shared . . . they have an interest in your gaurded credit and personal information and how and when it is shared with sibling, parent or inlaw companies.

I will say that the phone conversations with both companies were short and to the point and the issues where addressed and taken care of as far as I know.

Fandango contact phone 866-857-5191
Reservation Rewards contact phone 800-732-7031

Sincerely,
Me

Ron
(alias) Lynnwood, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2009 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fandango-and-reservation-rewards/internet/fandango-and-reservation-rewards-fandango-sell-criedit-card-info-and-claims-it-an-honest-t-423004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content