Complaint Review: Fandango

• Reported By: Will — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
  • Fandango

Internet
    United States of America

Fandango Making it difficult to check balance & status of gift cards (as of 11/13/2012) Internet

Finding the page where I can check the gift certificate balance wasn't clearly marked. Once I found the area and clicked on "Check my balance", it showed a box with "Fandango Gift Card" as the title. There was a card number listed on the back of the card and a "Claim Code" which had to be scratched off. The Fandango webpage does not ask which number to enter, so I tried entering both numbers one at a time. Neither number was valid even though I was clearly checking my Gift Card. When I entered the appropriate number, the webpage stated, "This page is to check the status of Fandango Gift Cards only".  I called Fandango customer service, and a lady told me that she was able to pull up the account and that I had $25 balance. However, I still wasn't able to pull up the balance from their webpage.

I terms this strategy as the, "run-around" strategy some unethical companies use in order to get people to give up or throw away a validly redeemable item. There is no excuse for this type of experience for an internet retailer. If they were some other physical retailer, I would not be so perturbed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2012 10:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fandango/internet/fandango-making-it-difficult-to-check-balance-status-of-gift-cards-as-of-11132012-i-968861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content