Complaint Review: Farmer Seed Company
Farmer Seed Company FARMER SEED & NURSERY Direct Gardening Royal Dutch-Burgess Seed-Richard Owen Nursery-Four Seasons Nursery-House Of Wesely directgardening.com,, House of Wesley, Royal Dutch, Burgess Seed & Plant, Exciting Gardens, Four Sea Garden supplies steals from customers through deep deceptions, lies and jumping hoops - But you'll never get your $ or what you are owed Faribault Minnesota
I ordered from Farmer Seed Company in Spring of 2016 and Spring of 2017. I spent over $200.00. The company shipped some good and some bad plants in 2016. A pear tree they have not replaced. I followed rules and they refuse to stand by the free guarantee replacement.
1. They say they will ship in 1-2 weeks, however, they wait 5-6 weeks so that credit card charges can not be disputed.
2. They refuse to cancel unfilled orders.
3. The instruct customers that receive dead plants to "make sure" by leaving them in the ground for a few weeks but nope, dead and by that time, they refuse to refund because you must send them back in 14 days.
4. If issues continue and customer wants their free replacement, they demand that customers write letters and send the shipping label and then claim it is not received even with USPS tracking, proof, pictures and documents. [continued below]....
5.Next they claim they need proof of purchase, like a credit card statement, even though the company has records of payment and obviously mailed the order weeks after they received the funds. This is again, to dissuade the customer from continuing to get what they are owed, so they can keep the money and continue to run their fraudulent business.
6. If they do refund anything, it is in the form of a certificate, which they take months to process and ONLY if the customer bugs them to do so.
7. The certificate has to be mailed in for yet ANOTHER ORDER and it expires. The customer is roped into their scheme again.
In 2017 most of the order was dead, damaged, missing or wrong item shipped. This year they started demanding that customers actually ship the dead plants back, at further cost of course. So I paid $7 to ship them back. I sent the dead plants with documents and writing and the shipping label via USPS tracking too. They sent back no refund, no replacement only a letter asking for more money for the free pear tree replacement claiming prices went up. However in 2016, they told be they couldn't ship till 2017 and besides, it's a free replacement, no charge. There was dirt on the paper from the plants and staple marks from stapling the shipping label yet they told me I have to send a letter in writing claiming that the shipping label must have been "lost in the mail."
So I emailed them all the proof and I'm sending my correspondence from a legal office. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against this company that lists its practices under 10-13 different business names.
This company has thousands and thousands of complaints online. They defraud their customers continuously and they boldly lie. I have documented proof. They have stolen over $100. from me alone.
Here are just some of the complaints:
There are many other pages.
There is no doubt that this company practices fraudulently to deceive the consumer. This needs to be handled by the Attorney General to protect citizens from further fraud.
Other names they use: FARMER SEED & NURSERY Direct Gardening Royal Dutch-Burgess Seed-Richard Owen Nursery-Four Seasons Nursery-House Of Wesely directgardening.com,, House of Wesley, Royal Dutch, Burgess Seed & Plant, Exciting Gardens, Four Sea
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2017 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/farmer-seed-company/faribault-minnesota-55021/farmer-seed-company-farmer-seed-nursery-direct-gardening-royal-dutch-burgess-seed-richa-1385284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: