Report: #197246

• Reported By: Wheelock Vermont
  • FCNB, First Consumers National Bank
    cardmemberaccess.net
    Internet

FCNB-First Consumers National Bank collection agency refusal to take payments, enormous overlimit and late fees Internet

After much frustration with trying to pay excessive overlimit and late fees on my $300 limit account, which is now up to over $1,200. I have been contacted three days in a row by the same collection agency. They will not identify the name of their company, but when I offered small weekly payments to clear up this account, they refused.

I explained that I was currently out of work, and they suggested that I better try to find a job, and that their client would not allow any other payment but payment in full. They informed me that they would continue to call me daily and leave recorded computerized messages. Is there anyway to make them stop?

I tried to go online to make payments, but the website will not acknowledge my account number or social security number. I called the toll free number they provided on the website, but when I entered my zip code, I got a message that it was not the zip code on record! I am so frustrated. Are there any class action suits planned against this credit card company, or the collection agency they have contracted with?

Debra
Wheelock, Vermont

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2006 06:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fcnb-first-consumers-national-bank/internet/fcnb-first-consumers-national-bank-collection-agency-refusal-to-take-payments-enormous-ov-197246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content