Complaint Review: Federal Customer Affairs Lawfirm

• Federal Customer Affairs Lawfirm
    Did not provide
    Did not provide, California
    United States of America

Federal Customer Affairs Lawfirm David Clark I received a call from a David Clark stating that I needed a lawyer becuase I have a lawsuit pending for fraud from a cash advanced place. I had asked for the company that filed the lawsuitm but he di Did not provide, California

*Consumer Comment: Yes, it's a scam.

I received a voicemail from a David Clark saying that I needed to get an attorney becuase I was going to be arrested for cash advance fraud. He had all my information, were I worked, my ssn, where I lived. He just said that a " cash advance " company filed a lawsuit against me and that once I was arrested they would tell me who the company is. He said I would be sorry if I didn't return the call and it would fall on me. Me being concerned I called back and someone else picked up the phone told me the same thing as if they were reading a script. He said that they were going to send police to my work to arrest me on the spot. This new person who I was talking to said I was going to be arrested and he hung up.

Has anyone heard of this or been through a similar situation?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2013 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/federal-customer-affairs-lawfirm/did-not-provide-california-/federal-customer-affairs-lawfirm-david-clark-i-received-a-call-from-a-david-clark-stating-1025689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Yes, it's a scam.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"  Has anyone heard of this or been through a similar situation?

It's reported to this site almost daily.  They use different names, but it's the same scam.

A few obvious tipoffs are the fact that if someone actually filed a lawsuit against you, you would be notified by a court summons, not a phone call.  Second, even if you did owe them money (which you don't), that is not a criminal act and the police would have nothing to do with it.

These scammers have obtained personal info, most likely through fake online lending sites, and try to use that info to scare people into sending them money.