Report: #1171997

1220 L. Street NW Suite 100-170
    Washington, Dist of Columbia
    USA

Federal Mortgage Marketplace FDA It's a SCAM. They owe me $1300. Washington DC

I got an email from Federal Mortgage Marketplace stating that I was approved for a loan modification.  It was for a big decrease in our Mortgage Payment.  Also debt relief.  $898.06 for the mortgage and $209.23 for debt relief.  I sent him those checks to get started and then changed my mind.  This was in January 2014.  He said my money would be refunded in 60 days.  After 60 days he told me there was a $273 cancellation fee.

I sent them all that money.  They seemed like nice people.  I never saw a dime.  I got a lawyer who wrote a letter but they ignored it.  They won't answer the phone or emails.  I was very stupid dealing with them.

Pamela

Knoxville, TN

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2014 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/federal-mortgage-marketplace/washington-dist-of-columbia-20005/federal-mortgage-marketplace-fda-its-a-scam-they-owe-me-1300-washington-dc-1171997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content