Complaint Review: Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards

• Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards
    10801 Mastin Blvd, Suite 420
    Overland Park, Kansas
    United States of America

Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards Stole $195 and won't refund -- VERY unethical, rude, and evasive Overland Kansas

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. I cannot even fully describe my experience with these people.

On their website, they claim:

What paperwork do I need to submit to take the MBLEx?All you need to apply to take the MBLEx is a completed Application Form and fee payment. There are no transcripts or letters required - it really is a simple process.

Is it true that I do not need to send any transcripts to FSMTB to take the test? Yes, that is correct. You do not need to submit transcripts to FSMTB; however, you will need to submit transcripts to your State licensing board to apply for a license

The examination coordinator, Christine, was hostile at times, demanding transcript and letters after transcript and letters. She outright ignored me at other times (she particularly forgot to answer my emails when I asked why she did not  follow their own website's stated policies). I cancelled my application requested a refund, since the conversations were getting nowhere and no one was giving me a consistent answer.

The organization's executive director, Debra, refused,  stating that they had the right to keep my money and that the only rules and regulations they had to follow were "in their handbook." This was AFTER their receptionist, America, assured me that I would get my money back "Because it's not like you registered for the exam and cancelled it; in which case you would only get $145 back."

I pointed out to the executive director that this is false advertising at the very least (though my dealings with them have led me to believe that there are discriminatory motives behind their actions as well). I am currently filing complaints with the attorney general's office and civil rights office. I also submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, and if all else fails, I may sue them in small claims court (not because it's worth the money, but because they actions are just.not.right, especially not in this economy). I have also saved several screenshots of their website in case  they attempt to change it.

I also reported them to the IRS -- I do not believe that any organization with non-profit status should be allowed to behave this way. Like, wow. The un-professionalism, unscrupulous and unethical behavior is just mind-blowing. I have just NEVER dealt with such awful people in my life! :-/

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/federation-of-state-massage-therapy-boards/overland-park-kansas-/federation-of-state-massage-therapy-boards-stole-195-and-wont-refund-very-unethical-1028742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content