Complaint Review: FEDEX CORPORATION

• Reported By: Lidia — Tucson Arizona
  • FEDEX CORPORATION

Nationwide
    USA

FEDEX CORPORATION MY PASSPORT WAS STOLEN WHILE IN FEDEX HANDS NATIONWIDE Nationwide

VisaHQ (a company that deals with obtaining visas) FedExed my passport back after obtaining a visa for me.  The envelope arrived EMPTY.  It had obviously been tampered (it was taped shut) with while in FEDEX' possession.  I then had to obtain a new passport and a new visa (both services had to be expedited).  The cost of this (including shipping via FEDEX, VisaHQ services, and State Department fees) was approximately $660 (in additional to the original $179 spent for the original visa and FEDEXing the passport that got stolen). A claim was filed.

I spare you the details about sheriff and State Dept reports, along with the trouble that getting all the paperwork for a new passport entails).FEDEX eventually sent $100 to VisaHQ (which VisaHQ sent me).

FEDEX customer service indicated that I was not their client, VisaHQ was.  They would not deal with me, since, according to them, VisaHQ was their customer.A complaint lodged with the Better Business Bureau yielded the same result.  They closed the case.  FEDEX accepts NO responsibility for the theft of my passport.  There has been, as far as I can ascertain, no effort to find out who stole my document.  Stealing a passport, incidentally, is a class 5 felony.  It is clear that since the envelope was tampered with somewhere between the offices of VisaHQ and my house, FEDEX has an employee or employees who stole my US passport.  FEDEX had abrogated all responsibility.  I would like to be refunded my expenses and I would like to see that FEDEX conducts an investigation into the theft of my passport.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2014 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fedex-corporation/nationwide/fedex-corporation-my-passport-was-stolen-while-in-fedex-hands-nationwide-nationwide-1146759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content