Complaint Review: Fein Such Kahn & Shepard PC

7 Century Dr. suite 201
    Parsippany, New Jersey
    United States of America

Fein Such Kahn & Shepard PC Bank Account Levy Parsippany, New Jersey

This company put a Levy on my bank account and drained it of 693.00. They used a judgement against me that was 5 yrs. old of which I knew nothing about. I was never notified by these attorneys or the company that they supposedly represented, nor was I ever notified by the court that I was being sued, or that I had a judgement against me.

After attempting to utilize my debit card and having it declined, I checked my balance and read that my balance was 00.00 available knowing that I had at least 800.00 in my checking. The following day 1-29 -13, I left work early to find out what was going on with my account. the Bank informed me that a Levy had been entered on my account and an "officer of the court" taken the proceeds. The bank then informed me that they had "No Choice" and had to honor the "court order" of which the bank supplied a copy of.

I Then called the court and am waiting for a copy of the original complaint along with the original judgement. What astounds me is 1) that the bank is obligated to honor a court order without so much as notifying the account holder. And 2) Why would a collection agency wait to collect on a debt for a client that they had won a judgement on 5 years prior ?

I am going over my records and going to get to the bottom of this. I never been contacted by anyone pertaining to this debt or judgement and it surely reeks of a rip off to me. This is not over yet and I will not take it laying down !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fein-such-kahn-shepard-pc/parsippany-new-jersey-07054/fein-such-kahn-shepard-pc-bank-account-levy-parsippany-new-jersey-1009524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content