Complaint Review: FIA Card Services

• Reported By: Orange California
  • FIA Card Services
    fiacardservices.com
    Wilmington, Delaware

FIA Card Services Intentionally missent or delayed statements to generate late fees Wilmington Delaware

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you.

A couple of months ago, my credit card statement from these clowns arrives. The statement arrives the literal day before the statement due date. Paid online, then called to complain. Customer service was not particularly helpful. I have two cards, and this card isn't the one I use most often - in fact, it's a rare month when I pull it out, because of past glitches with it mainly.

So, for the last two months, the card had not left my wallet once. Not swiped, not used. So it was no particular surprise that no statement came for Janurary from them.

Except I had forgotten a website I own was registered with this card, and its renewal fee hit. No credit card statement came, however, until yesterday, when I was hit with a late fee, a finance fee, and past due warning. Oddly enough, this statement hit with a payment due date 3 weeks from today.

I have canceled the card, naturally, after spending another unproductive hour on the phone with these jackals. I religiously pay my credit cards off in full every month, precisely because I do not want to pay the usurious interest rates these companies charge.

Mike
Orange, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2009 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fia-card-services/wilmington-delaware/fia-card-services-intentionally-missent-or-delayed-statements-to-generate-late-fees-wilmin-429682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content