Report: #920672

• Fictious Business Name Renewal Center
    2740 FULTON AVE STE. 203
    SACRAMENTO, California
    United States of America

Fictious Business Name Renewal Center Claiming my business name was expiring SACRAMENTO, California

Received an official looking paperwork stating I have to pay this $150.00 fee before the 31st, by mail. So I called the company and talked to this lady a couple days ago, and I asked if I could pay this bill, in person and she said I could actually pay the fee, at the Country Clerk Office here in San Francisco. So I was going to go there on the 30th and I made my way down there on the 31st, and when I went to the counter, the clerk told me, that the form I had in my hand, was not theirs.

I told him, well I spoke to this lady in Sacramento, and she told me to come down here and pay the fee. And he basically out to me the right fee, was not even close, and he couldn't understand how, they are allowed to do this type of stuff. Which seems to happen alot. I showed him the form and he was like, since the information is public, anybody can get your info and proceed to send you stuff like this. So anyway, turns out the fee was only $46.00 and not this $150.00, which was not due UNTIL, January 2013.

And yes, it does say this is not a bill at the bottom, but the way it is worded, will make you want to pay it right away, with no thought, and who knows where your money would end up at. Thanks goodness for this lady I talked to at their office. She pointed me in the right direction. I guess there are some honest people in the world.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2012 12:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fictious-business-name-renewal-center/sacramento-california-95821-5183/fictious-business-name-renewal-center-claiming-my-business-name-was-expiring-sacramento-920672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content