Report: #981972

Complaint Review: Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, December 14, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012
  • Reported By: Mike — Roswell Georgia United States of America
  • Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc.
    500 Jim Moran Boulevard
    Deerfield Beach, Florida
    United States of America

Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc. Used Parts to repair low mileage car Deerfield Beach Florida

My transmission in my RX8 needed replacement, and I had Fidelity warrently. They replaced the transmission with a used one even thou I had purchased their best level of Platimum. I have worked in the auto industry so I know how these transmission become available. They normally come from cars that have been totalled.

I picked up my car last night, and it have already felt the transmission slip twice. This is an indication that this used transmission has problems which can normally happened when cars are totalled. I expected at least a rebuilt or a rebuild of the transmission in my car. Putting this used transmission devalues my car which I now intend to sell or trade. This could cost me 100s if not more.

I did attempt to talk to both the customer service person and his supervisor about my objections on using a used transmission out of a wreak. They did nothing to resolve my problem except to tell me I could pay the difference which was some 1500 dollars more. So, I feel cheated by 1500 when I paid 2200 for their warranty. I only have some seven months remaining on this warrantly and will not buy another.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fidelity-warranty-services-inc/deerfield-beach-florida-33442/fidelity-warranty-services-inc-used-parts-to-repair-low-mileage-car-deerfield-beach-flo-981972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content